How does it work?
A central boiler house generates heat which is distributed through a network of pipe to each home or apartment in the building. Each home or apartment has its own HIU (Heat Interface Unit) which converts heat from the network as heating and hot water for the home.
What can Greentherm offer your project?
Greentherm can provide standard feature rich HIU’s or custom made variants such as 4-pipe units for the integration of dedictaed heatpumps systems or heating and cooling applications. Direct and indirect units are also available with integrated controllers or customised external control solutions such as BMS solutions or PLC control. Energy measurement and verification can be delivered by Greentherm for your projects Wired and Wireless M-Bus heat meters can be supplied as required, within the HIU or for external mounting on the primary pipework.
In summary we can offer the following for your communal or district heating projects
- Standard and custom Heat Interface Units (HIU)
- Heat Metering
- Low loss District heating piping systems
- Buffer tanks
- Heat pumps, solar, biomass and boiler systems
- Energy measurement and verification
- PLC and BMS control solutions
- Data collection via secure VPN for energy billing
- Comprehenisve design knowledge to support your projects
RBM Hiper HIU – Advanced standard HIU
The main advantages of this technology are displayed below, however, the HIPER range from RBM, supplied by Greentherm, benefits of two exclusive features that constitute major advantages:
Heat exchanger plates are removable:
- Allows the heating system to be upgraded if required without replacing the whole unit.
- Allows easy maintenance.
Legionella prevention function:
- Eliminate the risk of legionella contamination.
Advantages for Designers, Developers, and Architects:
- Gas supply not required.
- No flue to evacuate exhaust combustion.
- No storage cylinder required.
- Meets low emission and efficiency targets.
Advantages for the Installers:
- Easy to install, add only a programmable room thermostat.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Minimal installation requirements for pipe work.
- Simple maintenance and easy access to all components.
Advantages for Landlords:
- Reduced service and maintenance costs.
- Metered energy usage for fairer tenant billing.
- Practical for combining with lower cost renewable technologies.
- No flues to maintain for health and safety laws.
Advantages for the Tenant:
- Shared maintenance costs.
- Efficiently controlled heating and hot water supply.
- Accurate billing for only whats consumed.
- Awareness of energy consumption promotes energy saving.
Download the brochure bellow for more details, or contact us to get a quotation.