As stated in Part F 2009 of the building regulations a habitable room must have a background ventilator with equivalent area of 5000mm sq, this increases by 40% in the case of a house with a airtightness value lower than 5 m3 (h/m2), bringing the requirement for a habitable room to 7000mm sq for reasonably airtight homes.
With some of the products on the market it can be difficult to meet this with a single vent, however with Rytons Controllable LookRyt® AirCore® 7500mm squared equivalent area can be achieved with one 125mm diameter wall vent.
This wall vent provides:
- Coverage of large equivalent area (over 7000mm2).
- To meet building regulation Part F 2009 with fewer vents.
- Stylish aesthetically pleasing design (can be painted or wallpapered over).
- Control of air flow.
- Use in noisy areas to reduce the amount of noise entering the building for a more peaceful environment.
- Unique draught reducing internal panel disperses air evenly into the room for improved comfort.
- Paint or wallpaper the internal panel to match room décor for a discreet appearance.
- External water baffle prevents the transfer of water across the cavity.
- Interlocking components aid correct positioning, alignment, and easy installation.
- External grille U.V. resistant to slow down the effects of sunlight.
- External Grille: 166mm L x 160mm H.
- Tube: 127mm (5″) Dia. x 358mm L.
- Inside Panel: 172mm L x 172mm H.
- 125mm AirCore® Tube extension available (sold separately).
- Magnolia internal LookRyt® panel (may be decorated).
Choice of external grille:
- Terracotta .
- Buff/Sand .
- White .
- External Grille:
U.V. resistant to slow down the effects of sunlight.
The tube contains recycled plastic.
- LookRyt® Panel:
High impact styrene.
- Softening / Melting Points:
An unlined tube has a softening point at 70ºC and melting point at 120ºC.
A LookRyt® panel (inside panel) has a melting point at 160-180ºC.
Do I need an extension piece? The extension piece is an extra fitting that easily attaches to the wall vent. It is only required if the depth of the wall exceeds 350mm.
Are the wall vents only available in white? No, both the external grille & cowl come with a choice of colours such as, Terracotta, Buff/Sand & White.
Can you open the vent to an Intermediate Position? No, the vent can be only be placed in two positions, Open or Closed.
Can I collect? No, collection is not available.
Can I buy individual parts/components? No, the products are sold all-inclusive so individual components can’t be sold separately.
Do you provide installation? No, we do not provide installation for ventilation products.
Can it be mounted on a ceiling? No, this product was manufactured specifically for through wall ventilation and should not be installed through a ceiling.
Is it suitable for stoves? No, this product should not be installed near a stove as it does not comply with the relevant building regulations for stove ventilation.
Is there a 4 inch available? No. With respect to the relevant building regulations, the minimum allowable duct diameter for this type of ventilation product is 5 inch (125mm).
Can extension pieces be trimmed to length? Yes, however, extension pieces are only required if the wall the vent passes through measures more than 350mm in thickness.
Do I need a cowl? A cowl is used to reduce the effect of heavy winds on an air vent. It isn’t necessary, but may be required if the outlet of the installed vent is on a frequently windy facing side of the building.