Greentherm have the knowledge and experience required to interpret the results of a thermal imaging survey correctly. Thermal imaging surveys are a useful tool for a variety of applications;
- Detecting areas of heat loss from buildings
- Investigating commercial or residental electrical installations and components
- Leak detection
- Malfunctioning heating system diagnosis
We can diagnose many of the common problems that can occur with heating systems
- Greentherm Ltd design and install heating systems, so we know how they are meant to be put together.
- We have gained experience from conducting thermal surveys and energy audits.
- We know where installers are likely to have cut corners during installation.
- We are aware of common issues with various types of heating systems from underfloor heating and solar thermal systems to heat pumps and boilers.
- We appreciate that systems can fail for a variety of reasons and that every component needs to be looked at to get a holistic view of the buildings efficiency.
A thermal imaging survey is useful in a variety of situations:
Infrared thermography is the only diagnostic technology that lets you instantly visualize and verify thermal performance. A thermal survey will show you problems that may be otherwise impossible to identify without intrusive testing, quantify them with precise non-contact temperature measurement.
Infrared for Predictive Maintenance
Nearly everything that uses or transmits power gets hot before it fails. Cost effective power management is critical to maintaining the reliability of your electrical and mechanical systems. And today, no one would argue that infrared thermography is one of the most effective proven predictive maintenance (PM) technology available to quickly, accurately and safely locate problems prior to failure. Finding and fixing a poor electrical connection before a component fails can save you the much greater costs associated with manufacturing downtime, production losses, power outages, fires and catastrophic failures.
Infrared for Insulation Deficiencies
If you have excessive heating bills and have doubts over the integrity of your insulation a thermal imaging surveys will show up areas of heat loss without any destructive investigation.
Infrared for Troublesome heating systems
Leaks, lags and dead ends can be located and pinpointed by using the infrared camera. This can be very useful if areas of a house takes very long to reach the required temperature or if there are questions about an under floor heating systems performance.
To arrange a survey
To arrange a thermal survey, contact us.